Recog. By - N.C.T.E. & Affiliated to The University of Burdwan
Vill. : Katul, P.O. - Belsulia, Dist. - Bankura, Pin. - 722138
1. Issue of application form to a candidate does not automatically ensure his/her eligibility for admission
to the programme. Candidates, engaged in any other Course of Studies/Job/Full-time Research
Work, shall not be allowed to pursue this course simultaneously. Fresh candidates must verify
eligibility as in (3), age limit as in (5), availability of method subject(s) as in (8) & category of
application form to be issued as in (9) before collecting the application form because the application
form is non-transferable and the cost of application form is non-refundable.
2. For Deputed candidates only : As per Govt. order no. 330-Edn(CS)/ES/EE/10M-16/15, dated 06.04.2015, in self-financing B.Ed. colleges, 20% seats are to be reserved for untrained in service/ deputed teachers of classes IX-XII. If the seats, reserved for deputed teachers, remain vacant, they will be de-reserved and offered to the fresh candidates. Deputed candidates must verify eligibility as in (3) & availability of method subject(s) as in (8) before collecting the application form (Pink coloured) because the application form is nontransferable and the cost of application form is non-refundable.
3. Eligibility : Candidates (both Fresh & Deputed) with at least 50% marks either in the Bachelor's Degree and/or in the Master's Degree in Science/Social Science/Humanity/Commerce, or Bachelor's in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks, or any other qualification equivalent thereto, be eligible for application. There shall be relaxation of 5% marks in favour of SC, ST and PwD (Persons with disabilities) categories. N. B. : 50% or 45% marks (as the case may be) in Bachelor's degree with Hons. may be determined either on the basis of Hons. marks only or on the basis of Hons. marks and marks of the elective subjects taken together.
4. As per instructions of UGC, the eligible SC/ST, OBC, PwD Students etc. should submit their scholarship form for the academic year by February, for processing scholarship to SC/ST, OBC, PwD etc. each year.
5. Age Limit : Age of the Fresh Candidates as on 30th June, 2016 shall not exceed 38 years and there shall be relaxation of 5 years in favour of PWD category candidates.
6. Reservation : In each college 22% & 6% of total seats shall be kept reserved for SC & ST candidates (both Fresh & Deputed) respectively and PwD candidates will enjoy a 3% reservation in each of the categories, i.e. in SC, ST and in the Unreserved or General category.
7. As per Govt. order no. 330-Edn(CS)/ES/EE/10M-16/15, dated 06.04.2015, ratio for home University students and other University students shall be 80:20.
8. For PwD Candidates only : Candidates (both Fresh & Deputed), who are seeking reservation against PwD category, must enclose self attested photo copy of the Certificate obtained from the competent authority to authenticate their claim and the certificate must be obtained from the authority not below the rank of a Superintendent of Sub-Divisional Hospital. In the certificate, the extent of Physical disability must not be less than 40%. However, such candidates must appear personally with all relevant medical reports as well as the certificate in original before the Medical Board, constituted for this purpose, as per the following schedule for determining their eligibility for admission under PWD category.
9. Selection Procedure :
a) For Deputed Candidates of all categories (Gen., SC, ST & PWD), provisional Rank list shall be prepared on the basis of their approved length of service. In case of same length of service of two or more candidates, the 2nd and 3rd criteria shall be Academic Score and Date of Birth respectively.
b) Separate list for deputed applicants shall be prepared as per the following groups :
i) Language & Social Science Group : (Beng., Eng., Sans., Hin., Geo., Hist., Pol. Sc./Socio., Phil., Edn., Eco., Music, Commerce)
ii) Life Science Group : (Zoo., Bot., Physio., Bio-tech., Nutri, Micro-bio., Env.Sc.)
iii) Physical Science Group : (Phy., Elect., Chem., Bio-chem.),
iv) Math./Stat./Comp. Application/Comp. Sc./Engineering or Technology.
c) For Fresh Candidates of all categories (Gen., SC, ST & PWD), subject wise provisional Rank list shall be prepared on the basis of their Grade Points to be computed as per the following norms :
i) 10% of the percentage of marks obtained at the M.P.(S.E.) or Equivalent Examination.
ii) 10% of the percentage of marks obtained at the H.S.(10+2) or Equivalent Examination.
iii) a) 15% of the percentage of marks obtained at the B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. (Gen.) Examination
or, b) 20% of the percentage of marks obtained at the B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. Hons. or equivalent Examination [% of marks obtained in this case must be computed considering the marks of Hons. subject only.
iv) 20% of the percentage of marks obtained at Post Graduate Examination.
v) a) Ad hoc 5 marks shall be awarded for M. Phil. Degree or,
b) Ad hoc 8 marks shall be awarded for Ph. D. degree. (Candidates with M. Phil. & Ph. D. degrees both, only 8 marks be awarded)..
10. Course Fees : Total fee for pursuing this Programme in the Self-financed Colleges is Rs. 60,000/- (including Uni. Exam. Fee Rs. 1000 for 1st & 2nd semesters) per annum both for Deputed & Fresh Candidates of which Rs. 30000/- will be paid at the time of admission and the rest (i.e. Rs. 30000/-) will be paid in six (6) equal installments starting from the month of September every year. Note that total course fee for 2-years is Rs. 1,20,000/- per student.
11. The Authority of each self-financed B.Ed. College will spend Rs. 75,000/- (Rs. Seventy five thousand) only per unit (i.e. for 50 students) in every academic year for the benefit of the student in the form of relaxation of tuition fees. This benefit will be given to the poor and meritorious fresh candidates but not to the candidates admitted on Management Quota.
12. The minimum attendance of student- teachers shall be 80% for all course work & practicum and 90% for school internship as per NCTE Regulations-2014.
13. The University also reserves the right to drop or include any name if any suppression of facts on the part of the applicants or any mistake in the calculation of grade point is detected at any stage before and after admission.
14. Rules of The University of Burdwan, The Govt. of West Bengal & The NCTE shall be followed.
PRODYUMNA INSTITUTE OF HIGHER EDUCATION
Joypur,Bankura,Pin-722138 Joypur, West Bengal 722138 INPhone: 8145200729,8926000866,9434202263